About New Aim
We are an Australian leading online retailer that supply businesses and online marketplaces with thousands of innovative products ranging from home and office furniture, electrical appliances, tools and garden to kids’ products since 2005. Our well-known brands including Giselle Bedding, Artiss, Devanti, Giantz, Keezi, and Everfit.
- Rated as top/ premium seller in major online marketplaces
- Featured in Top 500 Private Companies
- Optus My Business Award – Retail Business of the Year 2018
- Australian Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
A great opportunity is now available for Senior Shipping Coordinator to join the Shipping Team at New Aim on a permanent basis based in West Melbourne.
Working alongside with Category Manager, you are responsible for ensuring international and local logistics activities are optimized and maintained. Working with various external stakeholders, you will be building strong relationships while seeking opportunities for improvement initiatives. With a close-knit team, you will be working closely with Purchasing, Finance and Marketing team as well.
Duties including but not limited to:
- Maintain communications with freight forwarders, quarantine department and brokers
- Communicate with buyers of packaging and freight compliance issues
- Liaise with warehouse on container arrival as per invoice
- Coordinate and monitor shipments from origin to destination
- Manage shipping documentation and invoices
- Negotiate shipping rates
- Generate and coordinate daily container delivery and pickup with transport companies and warehouse
- Remain updated with shipping industry regulations
- Identify and implement cost-saving initiatives within the department
- Prepare reports on department’s issues and actions
The Right Candidate
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Confidence to negotiate
- Understanding of shipping and freight forwarding terminology
- Understanding of supply chain management
- Immediate to advanced level MS Office and Excel Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – Fluent in Mandarin / Cantonese is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- City fringe location – 15 minutes’ walk from the train and 10 minutes’ walk from the bus station.
- Free on-site and street parking
- Generous employee discounts over 6000 products
- Monthly team lunches
- Yearly events – Halloween, Christmas, Birthdays, etc.
- Excellent career progression including on the job development
- Annual performance bonus
- The company car is provided for travel between warehouses if needed
Click to Apply