About New Aim
We are an Australian leading online retailer that supply businesses and online marketplaces with thousands of innovative products ranging from home and office furniture, electrical appliances, tools and garden to kids’ products since 2005. Our well-known brands including Giselle Bedding, Artiss, Devanti, Giantz, Keezi, and Everfit.
- Rated as top/ premium seller in major online marketplaces
- Featured in Top 500 Private Companies
- Optus My Business Award – Retail Business of the Year 2018
- Australian Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
A great opportunity is now available for Category Buyer to join the Purchasing Team at New Aim on a permanent basis based in West Melbourne. Currently recruiting for multiple positions to commence in February.
Working alongside with Category Manager, you will look after more than 10 product categories and responsible for day-to-day purchasing of products. You will have opportunities to play a key role in our business and encouraged to show your skills and ability. Our suppliers are based locally and overseas.
- Place and manage purchase orders for a timely delivery.
- Manage an effective relationship with suppliers and liaise regarding orders, quotes, delivery and invoices.
- Identify new opportunities in the whole category to product level in line with market insights and trends.
- Remain in contact with the market for price movements, competitors and market trends.
- Review the quality of purchased products.
- Coordinate with Shipping team for delivery schedules.
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up to date with industry trends.
The Right Candidate
- Bachelor of Degree in Business related field or 1 – 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent international trend knowledge and ability to translate to the Australian market
- Highly developed analytical skills, attention to details and passion for solving problems
- Immediate to advanced level MS Excel Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – Fluent in Mandarin / Cantonese is a plus
Benefits & perks:
- Mentoring sessions with our Co-Founders/ Directors
- City fringe location – 15 minutes’ walk from the train and 10 minutes’ walk from the bus station.
- Free on-site and street parking
- Employee discounts over 6000 products
- Fresh fruits delivered to the office weekly
- Unlimited coffee and juice supplies
- Annual performance bonus