About New Aim
We are an Australian leading online business that supply all online marketplaces with thousands of innovative products ranging from home and office furniture, electrical appliances, tools, and garden to kids’ products since 2005. Our well-known brands including Giselle Bedding, Artiss, Devanti, Giantz, Keezi, and Everfit.
- Australian Financial Review’s Fast 100 2019
- Rated as top/ premium seller in all major online marketplaces
- Featured in Top 500 Private Companies
- Optus My Business Award – Retail Business of the Year 2018
- Australian Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Australian Financial Review’s Fast 100 2018
New Aim has achieved strong revenue growth for past 5 year, Generating CAGR growth of 44%, with our company’s turnover more than $250 million a year, we are experiencing a rapid growth and aiming to grow further with a focus on data and business improvement.
A great opportunity is now available for Buyer – to join our Purchasing Team at New Aim on a 1 year term contract based in West Melbourne. We are looking to expand and review our existing categories for future development. Permanent opportunity is also available after 6 months probation.
You are passionate about furniture, household goods, gardening tools, toys, home appliances, fitness supplies, pet supplies and design with a creative vision for product development, a highly organized and detail-oriented team player who will oversee the entire order process. You are an exceptional negotiator and problem solver with strong business acumen. You will be working alongside with our Category Manager and Director and play a key role in our business.
- Responsible for merchandise buying to achieve business goals, maximise revenue and profit targets.
- Remain in contact with the market for price movements, competitors and market trends
- Identify new opportunities in whole category to product level in line with market insights and trends
- Maintain effective relationship with suppliers and liaise with them regarding quotes product pricing quotations, orders, deliveries and invoices
- Participate and advise in products planning, prices setting, marketing activities with management and Marketing Department
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up to date with industry trends, share market trends information with Marketing Department
- Receive feedback from Customer Service Department and review the quality of purchased product
- Coordinate with shipping team for delivery schedules
- Maintain and update records in the systems
The Right Candidate
Relevant qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor degree qualification or above; major in Business, Commerce, Marketing, Arts & Design or Communication will be advantage
- At least two (2) years’ full-time work experience in international buying of merchandises.
- Priority will be given if having experience in categories of furniture, household goods, gardening tools, toys, home appliances, fitness supplies, pet supplies.
- Familiar with e-commerce platforms is a plus.
- Arts & Design background highly with sense of aesthetics is a plus
- Highly skilled in merchandise products development and experienced in contract negotiation.
- Excellent international trend knowledge & assessment skills with ability to translate to Australian market.
- Strong capacity in project management for products development, performance analysis, products promotion and inventory control.
- Advance skill of Microsoft Office Programs.
- Business focus and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Understanding data source and decision making with data involved
- Ability to manage in fast-paced environment and deadlines
- Detail oriented mindset with thorough follow up on orders
- Ability to travel locally and internationally when required
Why Join New Aim
- Mentoring sessions with our Co-Founders/ Directors
- Fun work environment with opportunities to grow and develop professionally
- Competitive salary package with annual performance bonus
- City fringe location – 15 minutes’ walk from train and 10 minutes’ walk from bus station.
- Free on-site and street parking
- Fantastic employee discounts on over 6000 products
If you think this is the right job for you, please apply with confidence by clicking the “contact us” sticky tab on the right side from homepage to express your interest.
Successful candidate will be contacted only.