1. We respect your privacy
New Aim Pty Ltd (ABN 50 115 804 432) and our related bodies corporate (collectively, “New Aim”, “we”, “us” and “our”) are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers, website visitors and other individuals who interact with us.
We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
This policy sets out how we collect, use and disclose personal information about our:
- partners, contractors, suppliers and service providers (and their employees); and
- people who apply for employment with us.
2. What is personal information?
“Personal information” is any information or opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether or not the information or opinion is true, and whether or not the information or opinion is recorded in a material form. Personal information includes “sensitive information”, as defined in the Privacy Act.
3. Types of personal information we collect
The types of personal information we collect about our customers includes, but is not limited to:
- name, home or work address, delivery address, telephone number and email address;
- transaction and payment information relating to your purchase of products or services including credit and billing details and tracking numbers;
- demographic information, such as your postcode, age, gender and details of your product preferences;
- documentation required for us to provide you with our products or services; and
- information about your computer, including your IP address (when you visit our websites).
We also collect personal information about:
- the personnel of our partners, contractors, suppliers and service providers, including name, contact details, business name and address; and
- prospective employees, including name, address, contact details, employment and academic histories and the names of their referees.
We may also, in limited circumstances, collect sensitive information and/or health information about you when you provide it to us.
4. How we collect your personal information
New Aim may collect personal information from you directly when you:
- interact with us electronically or in person;
- access our websites;
- obtain products or services from us, or provide products or services to us;
- enter into arrangements with us;
- provide feedback;
- change your content or email preferences;
- respond to surveys and promotions;
- communicate with our customer service staff; or
- apply for a role with us.
We may also collect your personal information from third parties, including:
- suppliers who provide goods and services to us;
- partners for whom we provide drop shipping or wholesaling services, or who permit us to sell our products on their online marketplaces (“Channel Partners”);
- resellers who resell our products on Dropshipzone;
- external service providers who provide services or functions on our behalf, such as IT consultants, delivery and fulfilment personnel, mailing houses and marketing agencies;
- our insurers and brokers;
- professional advisors;
- third party platforms, such as social media sites and information service providers;
- our related bodies corporate based in Hong Kong and China, and our in-house brands; and
- referees if you are a candidate for employment or prospective contractor.
5. If we are unable to collect your personal information
If we are unable to collect your personal information, we may be unable to provide products or services to you and/or we may not be able to communicate with you about our products or services.
6. Pseudonyms and anonymity
7. Use and disclosure of your personal information
We may use and disclose your personal information in order to:
- provide you or any person authorised to act on your behalf with requested information, products or services;
- communicate and manage our relationship with you;
- process and audit payments and credit checks;
- improve our product and service offerings;
- manage and develop our business and operational processes and systems (including training and coaching of staff and quality assurance);
- request feedback from you;
- de-identify your personal information and engage in analytics and other research;
- recruit and assess prospective employees;
- manage and resolve any legal or commercial complaint or issue;
- protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of us, our websites, customers or third parties;
- perform the functions necessary to run our business;
- comply with our legal obligations or enforce our legal rights; and
- as otherwise required or authorised by law, including the Privacy Act.
Subject to the Privacy Act and other relevant laws, New Aim may also use and disclose your personal information to:
- contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, SMS or mail; and
- tell you about new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you.
We may also use and disclose your personal information in special circumstances – for example, if we were to sell our business or part of our business, your information may be disclosed to potential purchasers and their advisers as part of that process under appropriate confidentiality agreements.
8. Overseas Disclosure
Personal information that we collect may from time to time be disclosed to parties located outside of Australia. These parties may include our related bodies corporate located in Hong Kong and China. We may also disclose personal information to recipients in other countries from time to time, where our service providers or relevant third parties, or their (or our) computer systems and/or IT services may be located.
9. Security of your personal information
New Aim is committed to ensuring that the information we hold is secure. In order to help prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we implement physical, electronic and managerial procedures which are designed to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Despite these measures, the transmission and exchange of information over the internet is not without risk and we cannot guarantee the security of any information which is transmitted to or from us.
10. Access to your personal information
You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you and seek correction of such information in accordance with the Privacy Act. A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of your personal information.
If you would like to access or correct any of the personal information that we hold about you, please email us at email@example.com.
We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with any personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
11. Complaints about privacy
If you wish to make a complaint in relation to this policy or our information handling practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly to seek to resolve the issue.
If we have not responded to your complaint with a reasonable time or you are not satisfied with our response, you are entitled to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
(a) When you visit our websites
When you visit any of our websites we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
(c) Third party sites
Our site may have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy policies and statements of each and every website that collects personal information.